Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankfulness

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

So Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I haven't posted anything in quite some time, but here I am...and feeling thankful. Yes, Fragile X is still causing it's share of havoc in our family, but we are blessed to have 2 healthy children. Tim has a good job that he enjoys and he is able to support our family and allow me to stay home. We have a stable, loving marriage. We don't have any crazy meddling in-laws or Jerry Springer dramas(not in the immediate family, anyway!). Our kids have caring, dedicated teachers, and we are blessed with great friends. All in all, much to be thankful for. Most of all for God and his Son, Jesus, we are thankful.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Amen! Blessings to you today.

Beth said...

My name is Beth LaBossiere, and I am a senior in high school. I do community service with young adults with special needs, and two years ago I chose Fragile X Syndrome as the topic of a 3 year science research project at my school.

Along with science, making documentaries is my passion. To combine my two interests, I made a 10 minute documentary about Fragile X called "Fragile X Syndrome: The Stories and the Science". I was incredibly fortunate to meet the Bates and the Lockes. They were willing to share very personal parts of their lives with me on camera, and without them, this video would not have been possible.

The video can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Flh1V3O8Wc

I am writing to ask if you would post a link to this video on your website as a way to help people further understand Fragile X and to help families see that there are other people going through the struggles and joys they are faced with. I hold the rights to the video as the writer, producer, director, and editor, but my goal is for it to be distributed to as many people as possible so that awareness about Fragile X can be spread.

Thank you for your time!

Beth LaBossiere